Have questions about how certain features work or trouble with e-mail delivery? Check out our FAQ articles for guides and other help.
1. Install and activate The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe. You can do this from the WordPress plugin repository following these steps:
- Navigate to the Plugins page from your Dashboard. Click on Add New near the top of the page
- In the search box, type in “the events calendar”. Click Install in the box for The Events Calendar.
- Once the plugin has installed, the “Install” button will now be labeled “Activate”. Click the Activate button
- If you haven’t already activated Registrations for the Events Calendar, do so now on the Plugins page.
2. Create a new event by going to the WordPress dashboard and navigating to Events -> Add New
3. View your new event on the front-end of your site.
4. A registration button that will reveal the registration form when clicked will now appear on any published event page on the front end
If you’d like to disable registrations for all of your existing events and manually enable them instead, enable the option to do so in the WordPress Dashboard, navigate to Events -> Registrations and then select the Form tab.
5. To configure form fields, registration limits (can be set for each event), messaging on the form, and more you would need to go to the WordPress dashboard, navigate to Events -> Registrations and then select the Form tab.
6. You can enable/disable registrations for each specific event by checking the box on the “Edit Event” page for the specific event, or by toggling the “Event Options” on the “Registrations” tab.
Edit Event Page
7. On the “Email” tab, you can edit the subject, from address, messaging and more for the confirmation emails sent to registrants and notification emails sent to the addresses of your choosing.
8. To view all submitted data from registrants, download a .csv file for an event, and to add, edit, or remove registrations manually, navigate to the “Registrations” tab and click the “Detailed View” button for an event
9. If you ever need to remove the plugin but wan’t to keep the registrations stored in the database, check the box on the “Form” tab to do so.
Need more help? Visit our Support page and contact us.